A free initial consultation by email, telephone or Skype is used to establish your requirements.
- Searches on frequently used genealogy subscription websites
- Ancestor or Descendant report
- Pedigree chart
- Report showing where people lived
- Surname origins report showing distribution maps for 1881 and 1998
- A copy of the Gedcom (Genealogical Data Communication) file can be supplied if required
- All reports can be supplied in electronic file format on a usb stick, or in printed form.
Additional costs may be charged, with your agreement in advance, for the following:
- Full copies of birth, marriage and death certificates from the UK General Register Office are charged at cost, currently £11.00 each. A cheaper option of .pdf copies is available at £7.00. Unless you specifically request copies, applications for these will be kept to the minimum required to confirm details of your ancestry.
- Any research which requires use of pay-per-view websites, such as Scotlands People for Scottish records, or Deceased Online, will be charged at cost.
- Copies of essential documents, such as records from the National Archives, or scanned documents from local archives, will be charged at cost.
- Where possible I will photograph documents myself, but photocopies from local archives will be charged at cost.
- Travel expenses will be agreed in advance with public transport charged at cost, and car mileage at £0.50 per mile.
- Postage for hard copies of research reports is charge at a fixed fee of £10.00 within the UK. Overseas postage is charged at cost.